Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a well known and beloved medicinal and cooking herb, often used for its many healing qualities. A potent anti inflammatory, turmeric helps protect against oxidative stress and the effects of chronic inflammation, which wear down the body over time. Curcumin (one of the active constituents in turmeric) has a positive effect on brain function by stimulating the synthesis of DHA in the body, which is a primary component of our brain, cerebral cortex, skin, and retina. Curcumin also contributes to overall neural wellness, increases in memory, learning, cognitive performance, and mood stabilization.
Our Turmeric Spagyric includes black pepper for increased bioavailability (up to 2000% more effective than without). This preparation provides an easy way to get a potent medicinal dose of turmeric on a daily basis. 5-7 drops is a full dose for daily supplementation. Because of its potency, we suggest taking Turmeric Spagyric in a small amount of water, or adding it to a strong tea, but taking it on the tongue is OK too (expect an orange tongue!). You can also add this spagyric anywhere you would use turmeric in cooking, such as in soups and broths.
- anti-inflammatory, high antioxidants, immune boosting
- protects the body against oxidative stress
- can encourage neural growth and cognitive function
- fights degenerative diseases in the brain
- supports liver and digestive health
- supports skin and eyes
- Planetary Ruler: Mars
- Element: Fire
- Energetics: spicy, bitter, warm
- Meridians/Organs: Heart, Liver, Lung
- Part used: rhizome
- Active constituents: essential oils (tumerone, germacrone, atlantone, zingiberene), valepotriates, alkaloids, curcuminoids (curcumin, desmethoxycurcumin, , bisdemethoxycurcumin, cyclocurcumin)
- Properties: emmenagogue, stimulant, cholagogue, alterative, analgesic, astringent, antiseptic
For additional cognitive support, take with: Ashwagandha, Gynostemma
Read more about Turmeric in our blog.