Rose (Rosa damascena) is a globally beloved flower with a long history of use in the realms of the heart. Used for heart opening and nervous system soothing effects, it is a timeless symbol of love. This medicine can be used to assist in processing grief and trauma, healing challenges regarding self love and acceptance, as a gentle relaxant, and even as a mild aphrodisiac. We chose to use Rose Buds rather than rose petals as a symbol of harvesting the stored potential of the blossom, and their ability to burst open with potential and expression, which is the intended effect of this medicine in the heart space.
Our Rose Bud Spagyric provides the deep and rich floral taste and aroma of fresh roses. Taken directly on the tongue, Rose Bud evokes a sensation of blossoms spilling from one's mouth. For a loving internal hug, add Rose Bud to hot tea. Share freely with those you love for a gentle yet profound feeling of connection and warmth. Start with 3-5 drops, and work up to 10.
- soothes and nourishes the heart
- anti-inflammatory and cooling
- relieves sadness, depression and anxiety
- mild aphrodisiac
- Planetary Ruler: Venus
- Element: Water
- Energetics: sweet, slightly bitter, warm
- Meridians/Organs: Liver, Spleen
- Parts used: buds, petals
- Active constituents: citronellol, geraniol nerol, eugenol, damascenone, linalool, L-p-menthene, cyanin, gallic acid, beta-carotene
- Properties: carminative, stimulant, emmenagogue
For additional anti-inflammatory support, take with: Turmeric, Reishi
For additional anxiety & depression support, take with: Vanilla Bean, Ashwagandha, Gynostemma
Read more about Rose in our blog.