Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) is one of the most studied medicinal mushrooms in the world. A deeply revered medicinal herb in traditional Chinese medicine, Reishi is heralded as a Shen Tonic (shen referring to the spirit/higher consciousness in TCM). With a rich history dating over 2,000 years, this beautiful fungi helps to develop our spirit, our spiritual perception, our ability to tap into what is inherent in us, our inner knowing, peace, tranquility, and to calm the mind. This can have tremendous impacts on our lives, as it affects the course of our thoughts and actions, our ability to tap into the flow state, and our overall wellbeing.
On a functional level, Reishi is a powerhouse of wellness, delivering powerful immuno-modulating polysaccharides, boosting our bodies' inherent ability to fight off diseases in many different forms. Rich in many biologically active beneficial compounds, Reishi can offer so many different benefits, it’s no surprise it is such a well studied, prominent, and revered medicinal gift of nature.
Fighting inflammation, easing chronic fatigue, promoting longevity, reducing tumor growth and proliferation of cancer cells, relieving anxiety and depression, protecting our genes and chromosomes from mutation, regulating high blood pressure and cholesterol, and fighting off viruses, Reishi is truly healing on a deep level, helping to normalize and bring our bodies back into proper alignment within all systems.
Like our Chaga Spagyric, Reishi Spagyric is a dual extracted, highly concentrated and bioavailable medicine. We use only the fruiting body of the mushroom and not the mycelium in order to achieve the highest concentration of active compounds in our preparation.
Our Reishi Spagyric can be taken daily for a boost of all the benefits this mushroom ally has to offer. The preparation has a mild taste and can be added to hot and cold beverages, or taken right on the tongue. 5-7 drops is a good dose to start with, and we recommend working up to 10 drops daily.
- anti inflammatory
- longevity tonic herb
- enhances immune function
- anxiety & depression relief
- antiviral & anticancer
- supports regulation of blood pressure & cholesterol
- helps to ease chronic fatigue
- Planetary Ruler: Moon
- Element: Water
- Energetics: Bitter, slightly sweet
- Meridian/Organs: Heart, Lung, Liver, Kidneys
- Part Used: fruiting body
- Active Constituents: triterpenes, ganoderic acids, beta-glucan, polysaccharides, coumarin, mannitol, phytosterols (ganoderol, ganoderenic acid, ganoderiol, ganodermanontriol, lucidadiol, ganodermadiol), alkaloids
- Properties: adaptogenic, antibacterial, antiviral, anti inflammatory, antioxidant, antimutagenic, anticarginogenic, neuroprotectant, astringent, vulnerary, immunomodulator, anxiolytic, vasodialator, tonic (shen)
For additional spiritual & meditative support, take with: Blue Lotus
Also included in our Mushroom Trio, and Longevity Tonic Elixirs.
Read more about Reishi in our blog.