Kava Kava (Piper methysticum) is a powerful relaxant and sedative root herb, beloved and used traditionally throughout the Pacific Islands. Common cultural use may be social, religious, or medicinal in nature. This is a potent and effective plant, and is also known to be in danger of over-harvesting in it's native regions. As such, we make only very small batches of our Kava Spagyric. The spagyric process is exceptionally effective at maximizing the extraction of active compounds of plant matter, and in fact, much less plant material goes to waste than in other extraction methods. We find that, in lieu of drinking a traditional shell of Kava powder extracted in water, this spagyric provides a pleasant relaxant and mild euphoriant effect. Acute anxiety and stress can be addressed with a dose of Kava.
Our Kava Spagyric is a highly potentiated and concentrated preparation. 5-7 drops is an effective dose. We especially love Kava Spagyric in a bit of warm water, or taken as a spritzer in bubbly water.
- muscular relaxant, calming effect
- combats cancer cell growth (beast cancer, bladder, colon, prostate)
- helps treat anxiety
- can support regulation of sleep disorders, insomnia, restlessness, tension
- helpful in treating depression, increases dopamine, serotonin, and GABA
- may help improve brain function (note: chronic use and high doses can impair motor function)
- can aid in the treatment of drug addiction (can help reduce cravings due to an increase in dopamine)
- can ease menopausal symptoms
- Planetary Ruler: Neptune, Moon
- Element: Element
- Energetics: pungent, bitter, warm
- Meridians/Organs: Liver, Kidneys
- Part used: root
- Active constituents: kavalactones, kavain, dihydrokavain, dihydromethysticin, kawahin, yangonin, methysticin, glycosides, chalcones, flavokavin A, B, and C, starch
- Properties: analgesic, antispasmodic, antiseptic, sedative, diuretic, tonic, anxiolytic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial
Please note: Do not use Kava if you have liver disease or other liver concerns. Do not mix with alcohol. Consult a doctor if considering Kava for medicinal applications.