Elderberry (Sambucus Nigra) is a commonly used, traditional immune supportive herb, with an extensive and widespread history of use throughout the world. Hippocrates claimed Elderberry as “nature’s medicine chest” and attributed it to longevity, and good health. Typically used in the treatment and prevention of flus, Elderberry is a traditional folk medicine that is extremely versatile and useful, especially when employed during seasonal transitions, when the body is recalibrating to environmental stressors, and colds and flus are more common. The most common indication of use is in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Infections.
Our Elderberry Spagyric can be used during seasonal changes to help boost the immune system to prevent and lessen the duration of cold and flu symptoms. It’s also a great supplement to have for the traveler, taking it for a few days before being in transit, or in contact with larger groups of people, it can up-regulate the immune system, bolstering and adding extra defense to the body’s systems as a whole.
- can help to support the immune system
- tonic herb for general health and resiliency
- Planetary Ruler: Venus
- Element: Fire
- Energetics: sweet, warm
- Meridians/Organs: Lung, Liver
- Part used: berries
- Active constituents: flavonoids, anthocyanins, carotenoids, essential oil, mucilage, and tannins, quercetin, kaempferol
- Properties: diaphoretic, anti-asthmatic, antioxidant, immunostimulant, antiviral
For additional immune support, take with: Mushroom Matrix, Longevity Tonic, Reishi, Chaga