Blue Lotus (Nymphaea cearulea) is a beautiful flower with a long history of use in the Eastern world. Used by the Egyptians as a sacred plant, the growth patterns were used as a metaphor for rebirth. In Buddhism, the lotus is a symbol of a symbol of spiritual victory. Blue Lotus has been used traditional as a dreaming tool; enhancing lucidity, calming the mind, and aiding in deep sleep. It is also well known for its aphrodisiac qualities, and enhancement of meditation practices.
Our Blue Lotus Spagyric is a delightful evening treat with a strong and pleasant floral taste, which can be taken on the tongue or in a bedtime tea or wine. 5-7 drops can support a calm and restful sleep, and may enhance dreaming. Work up to 10-15 drops for deeper sleep or meditation.
- used by ancient Egyptians & Mayans
- mild sedative and aphrodisiac
- mild hypnotic and meditation-enhancing herb
- dream enhancing herb
- Planetary Ruler: Moon, Neptune
- Element: Water
- Energetics: sweet, bitter, cooling
- Part used: flower
- Active constituents: aporphine, nuciferine, nornuciferine, nupharin, nupharidine, polyphenols
- Properties: nervine, antispasmodic, sedative, hypnotic, aphrodisiac
- For additional sleeping and dream support, take with: Ashwagandha
- For additional meditation support, take with: Reishi, Frankincense
- Also included in our Dream Blend, Sweet Dreams Elixir, & Loving Heart Elixir
Read more about Blue Lotus in our blog.