Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), also know as “Indian Ginseng”, is a well known adaptogenic root with a long history of use where it grows in India, Nepal, China & Yemen. One of the most commonly used Ayurvedic plant medicines, Ashwagandha is a potent adaptogen that is commonly used to help minimize the detrimental effects anxiety and stress.
Our Ashwagandha Spagyric is a strong and earthy preparation, with a taste that blends well with herbal teas or coffee. Take 5-7 drops in a beverage, a bit of water or right on the tongue to bring the benefits and energy of this root ally into your day.
adaptogenic, fortifying tonic herb
- can minimize detrimental effects of stress & anxiety
can help to improve memory & focus
helps prevent neurodegeneration
supports graceful aging by balancing hormones
can help increase fertility & muscle growth
can support weight loss
- can support more restful sleep
- Planetary Ruler: Jupiter
- Element: Earth
- Energetics: bitter, sweet, warm
- Meridians/Organs: lungs, kidney
- Part Used: root
- Active constituents: somniferin, withanolides, withaferin A, steroidal lactones, tropine, cuscohygrine, triterpinoids, flavonoids, tannins, phenols, saponins
- Properties: yang tonic, sedative, astringent, aphrodisiac, adaptogen, anticancer, neuroprotective
For additional stress & anxiety support, take with: Turmeric, Rose
For additional sleep support, take with: Blue Lotus
For additional hormonal support, take with: Pine Pollen
Read more about Ashwagandha in our blog.