Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), known as “she who poses 100 husbands” and “curer of 100 diseases”, is a potent and powerful adaptogenic herb for gynecological health, longevity, and vibrancy. Known also in Ayurveda as the “Queen of Herbs” Shatavari is a wonderful tonic herbal ally for womb health. Shatavari is the “feminine” counterpart to Ashwagandha, both of which help to balance hormone levels, reduce stress, and bring vitality back into the body through continued use. Shatavari is a virtual panacea in Ayurvedic medicine, with indications of use ranging from longevity and overall vitality, to more specific and nuanced symptoms and issues, such as nervous disorders, inflammation, infertility, ulcers, dyspepsia, and many more. As an adaptogenic herb, its most noticeable results are when taken with regularity for some period of time, usually it’s common to use an adaptogenic herb for one lunar cycle and then take a short break as this allows for the body’s various systems to acclimate and also not become reliant on the application of the herb for proper function.
Our Shatavari Spagyric is potent and nutritive, helping to assist the body in finding optimal balance for gynecological wellness. We recommend taking 5-7 drops daily for one lunar cycle.
- Fertility and conception aid
- Postpartum aid
- Inflammation reduction
- Increasing milk production during breastfeeding
- Increasing vitality
- Healthy stress management
- Planetary Ruler: Moon, Venus
- Element: Earth
- Energetics: sweet, bitter, cold
- Meridians/Organs: lung, kidney
- Part used: root
- Active constituents: asparagin, mucilage, shatavarin, quercetin
- Properties: nutritive, aphrodisiac, expectorant, demulcent, tonic, antihepatotoxic, immunomodulatory, immunoadjuvant, antilithiatic, antiulcer, antibacterial, antiprotozoal, antioxidant, galactogogue, diuretic, rejuvenating, carminative, stomachic, antiseptic, antitussive
, take with: Pine Pollen, Pure Potential, Antler Velvet