Schisandra (Schizandra sinensis) is a beautiful, bright red berry. A traditional medicinal herb used in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), schisandra has long been associated with Taoist practitioners. According to TCM, it is regarded as the most perfect tonic herb, considered the only herb to be perfectly balanced Yin and Yang, to nourish all five Elements (Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water), contain all three Treasures (Jing, Qi, Shen), and enter all twelve Meridians of the body. This comprehensive tonifying quality makes Schisandra a potent harmonizer throughout many of our bodily systems.
This powerful berry is deeply connected to the Chinese Goddess/Bodhisattva Quan Yin, and has an enduring association with youthfulness and beauty. As a potent adaptogen and longevity herb, Schisandra helps to decrease inflammation and oxidative stress, as well as increase our physical endurance and uplift us from fatigue. With a history of over 2000 years of use in TCM, this plant has been used to help countless people reach harmony internally, deal with the rigors of daily life and the aging process, and achieve a sense of deep inner peace that comes when our bodies are more fully in alignment within themselves and in our works and passions.
Our Schisandra Spagyric is a tart and sweet preparation, with a crisp flavor unlike most of our other preparations. It is recommended to take daily for a period of 3 months to gain maximum effect and harmonization within the body's systems. Take 5-7 drops on the tongue or in a beverage. We especially love Schisandra spritzers!
- longevity tonic herb
- used for maintaining youthfulness & beauty
- decreases inflammation & oxidative stress
- may increase physical endurance & reduce fatigue
- supports harmonization through all bodily systems
- Planetary Ruler: Jupiter, Venus
- Element: water
- Energetics: sweet, sour, warm
- Meridians/Organs: Kidney, Lung, Heart
- Part used: fruit
- Active constituents: sesquicarene, schizandrin, schizoandrol, citral, stigmasterol, gomisins, schisantherins, wuweizisus, deoxyschizandrin, vitamin C, vitamin E
- Properties: astringent, tonic, sedative, adaptogen, antioxidant
Also included in our Longevity Tonic Elixir