Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum), commonly referred to as “Queen of Herbs”, “The Incomparable One”, and “The Mother Medicine of Nature”, Tulsi is a mythical medicinal. Gaining popularity in recent years in the west as an herbal tea, useful in stress relief and for its nourishing adaptogenic qualities, Tulsi has a tremendous history of recorded use in India for thousands of years. Tulsi is viewed as a physical manifestation in the plant kingdom of Lakshmi, who is associated in eastern traditions as the Goddess synonymous with wealth, abundance, love, and liberation. Tulsi is revered in Indian culture as the holiest of plants, a meeting place between worlds. In an esoteric correspondence we can see this as a bridge plant, elevating our inner innate ability to connect with our own endogenous divinity, assisting us in raising the vibrations and efficacy of our prayers and mediations, whatever form they may take, song, music, art, contemplation, dance, or any of the other vast and myriad ways we pray and connect with the Grand Spirit.
From a physical perspective, Tulsi’s adaptogenic properties are subtle and expansive, helping all to the systems of the body to achieve inner harmony, and allow for healing to happen on deep levels. Powerfully anti-inflammatory and full of antioxidant compounds, Tulsi helps to protect and prevent tissue damage in our bodies due to stress and environmental toxicities. The various aromatic compounds in the plant help to open the lungs, which can help us to release physical tension as a sigh of relief, increasing the depth of our breathing, facilitating increased oxygen, vagus nerve stimulation, and promoting a general sense of well being.
Our Tulsi Spagyric is made using Krishna Tulsi, which is regarded as the most medicinal varietal of the Holy Basils. Take 5-7 drops of this deliciously potent preparation in tea, water, or directly by mouth, any time of day to bring the relaxing and fortifying energy of this high medicinal into your day or night. We especially love tulsi as a spritzer additive.
- to help ease symptoms of colds and fevers
- to ease respiratory conditions such as, cough, sore throat, bronchitis, asthma
- supporting healthy stress management
- helping to balance the various systems of the body for optimal health
- supporting digestive disorder and disease
- relief from migraines and headaches
- relief from chronic fatigue and insomnia
- may help with skin diseases and healing wounds
- may provide relief from arthritis
- Planets: Jupiter, Mercury
- Element: Air
- Energetics: Pungent, bitter, warm
- Meridians/Organs: Heart, Spleen, Kidney
- Parts used: leaf & flower
- Active constituents: cirsilineol, circimaritin, methyl cinnimate, isothymusin, apigenin, rosameric acid, eugenol, camphor, thymol, caryophyllene, carvacrol, flavonoids, ursolic acid, oleanolic acid, linalool,
- Properties: Antioxidant, anti-cancer, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, immuno-modulatory, cardiac, adaptogenic, anti-fertility, anti-arthritic, expectorant, stimulant, anti-asthmatic, anti ulcerative, hepatoprotective, antiviral, anti protozoal, anti coagulant, antipyretic
For additional stress support, take with: Reishi, Blue Lotus, Rose Bud, Ashwagandha
For additional respiratory support, take with: Frankincense, Nettles, Cinnamon