The Chaga fungi (Inonotus obliquus) has a deep and long history of use, with its name and longest known usage coming from the Khanty peoples in Siberia. The Khanty’s use of Chaga was varied, but integral to their lifestyle, they used it internally, as a tea and an aid for digestion and overall health, the also smoked it, and made a soap with burnt chaga to help clean the body and keep infections at bay. Chaga has been shown to help protect the body, supporting healthy immune function, suppressing cancer progression, reducing overall inflammation, and helping to regulate blood sugar levels. Chaga can also enhance physical endurance, acts as a nootropic, promoting cognition and healthy brain functioning. This potent fungus is anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-microbial, even helping to battle overgrowths of candida in the body.
Our Chaga Spagyric is a dual extracted, highly concentrated and bioavailable medicine. This can be enjoyed as an added medicinal boost for your daily beverages. It makes a great addition to coffee and hearty teas especially, but is quite a mild and pleasant addition to any drink, and even smoothies! You can also take directly on the tongue. 5-7 drops is all you need for a full medicinal dose of this mycelial ally, and you can work up to a half-dropper.
- longevity tonic herb
- can help to protect the immune system
- can help to increase physical endurance
- can help to promote cognitive brain functions
- supports digestion
- helps reduce inflammation
- can help to reduce candida overgrowth
- Planetary Ruler: Sun, Jupiter
- Element: Water
- Energetics: sweet, slightly warm
- Meridians/Organs: Spleen, Heart, Lung
- Part used: sclerotia
- Active constituents: beta-d-glucans, polysaccharides, triterpenes, beutlin, betullinic acid, phytosterols, melanin, inotodiols, Trametenolic Acid
- Properties: adaptogenic, alterative, antibacterial, anticarcinogenic, anti-tumor, antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant, antimutagenic, carminative, nutritive, tonic, immunomodulator, vulnerary
For additional anti-inflammatory support, take with: Turmeric
For additional digestive support, take with: Ginger, Moringa
For additional high antioxidants, take with: Cacao
Also included in our Mushroom Trio elixir with Reishi & Lion’s Mane
Read more about Chaga in our blog.