Astragalus (Astragalus propinquus), is a potent immune tonic herb. Taken with food, tonic herbs aid in the proper absorption of nutrients. Astragalus has been shown through studies to potentate telomerase production. Telomeres protect DNA from damage and potential mutation. Because DNA informs our cells, when DNA is protected: our cells reproduce and function optimally! This can support the body against systems failures, premature aging, lethargy, acute organ issues, and cancers. Thus, astragalus is known as a longevity tonic. It is also an adaptogen, an immune booster, and is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a Qi building tonic.
Our Astragalus Spagyric is an easy way to bring astragalus into your life. Take 5-7 drops daily to support your overall health and immunity, optimal absorption of nutrients from your diet, and protect your cells for a long and healthy life.
- adaptogenic, longevity and anti-aging tonic
- immune booster
- increases telomerase production which protects chromosomes from rapid aging
- immune system stimulant (not suggested for auto-immune disorders)
- Planetary Ruler: Jupiter
- Element: Air
- Energetics: Sweet, slightly warm
- Meridians/Organs: spleen, lungs
- Part Used: root
- Active constituents: Polysaccharides, triterpenoids (astragalosides), isoflavones (kumatakenin, calycosin, formononetin) glycosides, choline, betaine, glucoronic acid, B-sitosterol
- Properties: Qi tonic, immunomodulator, diuretic, anhydrotic, adaptogenic
For additional immune support, take with: Chaga, Reishi
For additional longevity support, take with: Schisandra
Also contained in our Longevity Tonic Elixir
Read more about Astragalus, in our blog.